Child Psychologist in Michigan
Oakland Psychological Clinic offers child counseling, teen counseling and family counseling. If you’re looking for a child psychologist in Michigan, we have multiple therapist offices for you. We accept many insurance plans, including Priority Health, Medicare, Blue Care Network, Cofinity Network, Tricare, HAP, Aetna, Beacon Health Options, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Meridian Choice, Humana, Magellan, Cigna, and others.
Our counseling centers are open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM, and Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. If you would like to schedule an appointment with a child psychologist near you, contact us today.
Benefits of Seeing a Child Psychologist
Does my child need to see a therapist? What are the benefits of child counseling? These are common questions we hear from parents. Child psychologists have specialized training to understand how children think. Kids are not always able to articulate their feelings. They may not know why they feel a certain way, or why those feelings translate to certain actions. A child psychologist acts as a translator of sorts, interpreting a child’s mood and behavior to find solutions for him or her.
- Figure out the Real Reason behind Academic Struggles and Defiance Issues
- Find Solutions for Behavioral Issues, Specific to Your Child’s Personality
- Resolve Conflicts within the Family
- Help a Child through a Life Transition, Such as Moving, Parents Getting Married/Divorced, Changing Schools, etc.
- Help a Child Understand Emotions That Come with Grief and Trauma
- Create a Positive and Supportive Environment for Children to Thrive in
- Learn Small Lifestyle Changes That Make a Big Impact on a Child’s Wellbeing
If you would like to work with a child psychologist in Michigan, contact the Oakland Psychological Clinic closest to you.
We Have Child Psychiatrists on Staff
In addition to child therapy, we provide child psychiatry services. Psychiatry is a branch of mental healthcare focused on mental health medication. If medication is recommended as part of your child’s treatment, we have specialists on staff. You will be matched with the best provider(s) for your child and your family.